Saturday, January 9, 2010

To Live and Die in Blue Jeans

As I mailed out another sympathy card the other day, I got to thinking about my own future funeral, and the one thing that rolled around my brain was what I would want to be buried in (clothing-wise). Now, I know that in the long run, it matters nothing, but the question had its teeth in me and wouldn't let me go.

I've been to quite a few funerals with open caskets, and everyone was dressed in their Sunday finest. Truly, they looked beautiful and serene, and I suppose that living relatives desire their loved ones to look their best. Well, I'm going to inform my family now that when my day comes, they are to dress me in blue jeans.

Blue jeans are my favorite article of clothing. I have a few fancier dresses for all those proper occasions, but 75% of my wardrobe is made of denim. I have blue jean dresses, pants, capris, shorts, and even pocketbooks. I'm still on the lookout for a blue jean sofa, and I'd probably drive a blue jean Volkswagen Bug if it existed. Blue jeans are a way of life for me. They describe my personality in a way that stockings and high heels could never do.

So when I die, and the Lord welcomes me home, I will gladly and gratefully don the robe of His righteousness ~ but underneath, I just might be dancing in denim.

3 comments:

  1. I think I want to be buried in one of my favorite sweaters.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hmmm. I shall give this some thought. But it won't be jeans for me - they just do not make me feel cute, although I have plenty of denim skirts and jumpers. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute!! I enjoyed reading about your love for blue jeans!!

    Hugs,
    DebbieB

    ReplyDelete