Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Carry Me Close

"Carry Me Close"

I've wandered away
From Your comforting arms,
And the beat of Your heart
Has grown faint;
Search for me, God,
And carry me close,
Close to Your heart again.

I've left the green pastures
You led me to,
And the sound of Your voice
Has grown faint;
Speak to me, God,
And carry me close,
Close to Your heart again.

My soul needs restoring
My cup's running low,
And the shape of Your face
Has grown faint;
Shelter me, God,
And carry me close,
close to Your heart again.

(Inspired by Isaiah 40:11 ~ He tends His flock like a shepherd; He gathers the lambs in His arms and carries them close to His heart.)

1 comment:

  1. Margaret, this is absolutely beautiful!!! Wow, what a gift you have.

    I stopped by to let you know you won the giveaway on my blog for Mary DeMuth's memoir.

    Send me your snail mail address at this link, and I'll get it out to you this week! http://www.lovinthearts.com/contact.html

    ReplyDelete