Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Have You Pring-ed Today?

I love words, and I especially love when I create a new word, usually by accident.

One time, I was reviewing scripture memory verses with our younger daughter and discussing how it applies to our lives today:

"When you go into battle in your own land against an enemy who is oppressing you, sound a blast on the trumpets. Then you will be remembered by the Lord your God and rescued from your enemies." (Numbers 10:9)

I asked her to think how we could "sound a blast on the trumpets" when needed, since we don't even own or know how to play a trumpet. I planned to suggest that we could always pray aloud or sing, but what came out of my mouth was 'pring.'

She liked the funny new word, so now we occasionally ask each other, "Have you pring-ed today?" as a fun reminder to "sound a blast on the trumpets" whenever we are dealing with the enemy in our Christian walk and need rescuing.

So let me ask you ~ Have you pring-ed today?

No comments:

Post a Comment