Monday, April 5, 2010

Gathering Good Words

I've been accumulating little sayings for a while now that touch either my heart or my funny bone and thought it would be fun to share them wih you. So, grab a mug of coffee, put your feet up, and enjoy...

*Good friends are like good bras ~ hard to find, comfortable, supportive, and always close to the heart.

*These things do 'appen! (Carlotta, The Phantom of the Opera)

*Advice from a snowman: Be a jolly, happy soul; spend time outdoors; stay cool; it's okay to be a little bottom-heavy; avoid melt-downs; be well-dressed; live well ~ life is short.

*Instant human ~ just add coffee!

*Stays up late on school nights.

*We are always the same age inside.

*Life is just so daily.

*Wake the coffee and smell up! (yours truly)

*I wish I was a bear. Everyone would expect me to have hairy legs, excess body fat, and to wake up growling.

*The nagging will continue until results improve.

*Drink coffee. Do stupid things faster and with more energy!

*Let's put the fun back in dysfunctional.

*Worry does not empty tomorrow of its troubles; it empties today of its strength.

*Life is simple. Eat. Sleep. Read.

*To die will be an awfully big adventure! (Peter Pan)

*Love me...that's all I ask of you! (Raoul & Christine, The Phantom of the Opera)

*A house without books is like a room without windows.

*Whatever you are, be a good one. (Abraham Lincoln)

*I'd rather be in my pajamas.

*Keep calm and carry on.

*His house was perfect, whether you liked food, or sleep, or work, or story-telling, or singing, or just sitting and thinking, best, or a pleasant mixture of them all. (C. S. Lewis, The Hobbit)

*It's been lovely, but I have to scream now!

*I am still learning. (Michelangelo, age 80)

*Embarrassing my children ~ just one more service I offer.

*I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it!

*Do not resent growing old. Many are denied the privilege. (Irish proverb)

And possibly my favorite...

*When the Queen is happy, there is peace in the kingdom.

1 comment: