Friday, July 16, 2010

Doorkeeper

Housekeeper
Bookkeeper
Zookeeper
Doorkeeper

Yes, that's the one,
The job I want.

Doorkeeper

Watching Him cross the threshold
Waiting for His return

Eyeing the splash of red
On the lintel
Knowing it protects
Knowing it saves

This is the door
Where I watch and wait
For the thunder of His voice
For the thump of His feet
For the turn of His head

"Well done, my good and faithful servant..."

Doorkeeper

Yes, that's the job I want.

~

"I would rather be a doorkeeper in the house of my God than dwell in the tents of the wicked." (Psalm 84:10)

1 comment:

  1. :)

    my Dad taught bookkeeping for awhile when I was little. He said it was the only word with 3 consecutive double letters. I don't know if that's right but I can't see the word without thinking of it.

    ReplyDelete