Sunday, October 31, 2010

The One

I am the one.

Not a face in the crowd,
Not a fish in the sea,
I am the one.

The woman
who endured years of pain,
who depleted her wages,
who sought wisdom from physicians.

The woman
who heard of a Man,
who marveled at His power,
who longed for a miracle.

I am the one.

The woman
who dared to believe,
who clung to faith,
who crawled toward hope.

The woman
who quietly pressed forward,
who timidly fingered the cloak,
who humbly prayed for healing.

His loving lips inquired,
"Who is the one..."
His compassionate eyes searched,
"Who is the one..."
His generous heart offered,
"Who is the one..."

I am the one.
I am the one.
I am the one.

Not a face in the crowd,
Not a fish in the sea,
I am the one in need of
The Teacher's touch,
The Messiah's mercy.

El Roi ~ The God Who Sees,
Jehovah Rapha ~ The God Who Heals,
You are The One!


(based on the afflicted woman in the crowd ~ Mark 5:25-34)

No comments:

Post a Comment