Sunday, January 2, 2011

What Is Man?

Your mind
conceived the shapes and shadows
of all that exists.

Your fingers
colored the empty spaces
between the lines.

Your eyes
switched the lights on
in the darkened void.

Your breath
pumped being
into lifeless forms.

Your heart
poured love
into the naked human soul.

When I consider
Your mind
Your fingers
Your eyes
Your breath
Your heart,
I am humbled
by the fact
that I am but man.




(based on Psalm 8:3,4 ~ When I consider Your heavens, the work of Your fingers, the moon and the stars, which You have set in place, what is man that You are mindful of him...)

1 comment:

  1. I saw this on the board and came over to make sure you had posted it on your blog, too. :) Praying that this year is a wonderful year for your family. hugs!!!

    ReplyDelete