Wednesday, September 28, 2011

The Wonders of His Love

If I only catch a sunrise
awash in yellow pink,
If I only wash the dishes
in a white ceramic sink,
If I only smell the coffee
steaming, frothy, in a mug,
I'll sing an Alleluia!
to the wonders of His love.

If I only hear the mewing
of a newborn baby's cry,
If I only bathe the kitten
and towel-fluff it dry,
If I only mop the kitchen
and sweep the braided rug,
I'll sing an Alleluia!
to the wonders of His love.

If I only spot a redbird
beneath the evergreen,
If I only scrub the bathroom
to a sparkly, shiny clean,
If I only fold the laundry
in a faded plastic tub,
I'll sing an Alleluia!
to the wonders of His love.

If I can find the holy
in my ordinary day,
If I can drink some heaven
from this earthen pot of clay,
If I can sacrifice my praise
to the One who dwells above,
I'll sing an Alleluia!
to the wonders of His love.

1 comment:

  1. what about "if only I have a friend"?

    I LOVE the new template... of course, I haven't been here in awhile.

    *off to look for the subscribe button*

    ReplyDelete