Thursday, August 1, 2013

Creamy Tuna Twist

This is one of my family's all-time favorite recipes. I have no recollection of where I first found it, so I can't give proper credit, though I can say it isn't my own creation (I may have tweaked it some, though).

Ingredients:

3 cups mayonnaise (I use Hellman's Mayo with Olive Oil)
3 tablespoons cider vinegar
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
16 ounces rotini or rotelli, cooked and drained
12 ounces tuna, drained and flaked
10 ounces peas (fresh or frozen -- no need to thaw)
3 celery stalks, chopped
1 pound bacon, cooked and crumbled (I use turkey)

Directions:

In a large bowl, mix together the first four ingredients.
Fold in the remaining ingredients, except for bacon.
Cover and refrigerate for one hour +.
When ready to serve, fold in the bacon bits.

Yield:

8 servings

Happy eating!

1 comment: