Friday, June 20, 2014

Wings

My beloved father flew away from this temporary life into eternal life on June 7, 2014, at the age of 87. This song, written in 1829 by Albert Brumley, is dedicated to the man who raised me, introduced me to the Christian faith, and has landed at long last on the shores of the promised land.

"I'll Fly Away"

Some glad morning when this life is over,
I'll fly away;
To a home on God's celestial shore,
I'll fly away.

I'll fly away, oh glory,
I'll fly away;
When I die,
Hallelujah, by and by,
I'll fly away.

Just a few more weary days and then
I'll fly away;
To that land where joy shall never end,
I'll fly away.

I'll fly away, oh glory,
I'll fly away;
When I die,
Hallelujah, by and by,
I'll fly away.

Oh,
I'll fly away, oh glory,
I'll fly away;
In the morning
When I die,
Hallelujah, by and by,
I'll fly away.

~*~

And because both of us believe in Jesus -- His birth, death, and resurrection -- I'll join my precious Daddy on that celestial shore by and by. Oh, glory! Hallelujah!

"For God so loved the world that He gave His only Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish, but have everlasting life. ~ John 3:16

No comments:

Post a Comment