Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Pileated Delight

I am a bird lover, and when we moved to our house 25 years ago, I was able to hang a feeder and erect a bird bath. Since that humble beginning, I have recorded 40 different birds that I've seen in the yard or neighboring yards (yay for binoculars!).

One bird I had not been able to spot was a pileated woodpecker. Though I've seen many red-bellied and downy woodpeckers, this giant one has never showed up. Until today.

I was perusing Pinterest this morning and pinned a photo of a pileated woodpecker feeding its babies poking out of a tree hole. About 30 minutes later, while sitting at my desk gazing out the window at my bird zone, lo and behold, a pileated woodpecker was banging away with its ginormous beak in a nearby tree and then flapped on over to hang onto and feed from the suet basket. First time in 25 years. I was thrilled!

Coincidence? No ~ The Lord delights in delighting us!

http://static.panoramio.com/photos/...ge/29798797.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment