Wednesday, December 30, 2015

One Word 2016

I have finally settled on my One Word 2016. Out of a potential of about 15 words, I have chosen "yes."

I am so tired of saying "no" most of the time because I feel incapable, doubtful, fearful, or lazy. This year I want to say "yes" as much as I can to things that will challenge me, stretch me, and cause me to grow spiritually, emotionally, and physically. I know I will be yanked out of my comfort zone, but honestly, my comfort zone has gotten boring.

I still have some health limitations that will require me to say "no," but my hope is that I will break out of the habit of automatically saying "no" and get into the habit of saying "yes" instead, even though my knees might be knocking and my heart might be resisting. 

I am sure that the capable, believing, confident person I once was is still inside me -- I just have to remove the rubble under which she is buried and set her free.

"I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13

1 comment:

  1. Margaret, Thank you so much for leaving your lovely 'kindred' comment today. I know your post is several months old, but I'm wondering how your 'yes' is unfolding in this new year of 2016. I love what you shared here. Time to say yes more often to the goodness of life.

    Wishing you a beautiful day...
    Brenda
    xox

    ReplyDelete